While COVID-19 is preventing us from meeting in person we will be meeting online and by phone on Sundays at 10 am via Zoom. (More Information Below)
Traditional: The word of God is read, proclaimed, and responded to every Sunday.
Warm: Come join us! Community is the foundation of our church, and your presence will be a welcome blessing, whatever your age, race, health, gender, or religious background.
Relaxed: Many of our members dress up, and many do not. Come as you are, and make yourself at home (all the easier to do so as we are currently worshipping online!).
Worship Via Zoom
How Does It Work?
by Tom Cavvichia, originally published in May 2020 Newsletter
When it first became clear that holding worship in person during this pandemic was not the loving thing to do, even before the county stepped in with restrictions, we mailed an order of worship including printed hymns, prayers, and scriptures. Then Pastor Kathleen stepped in and quickly put in place ways for us to be more connected on Sunday mornings-and for session meetings, too! With the Zoom technology we have the option to worship and interact with each other using a regular phone, or a cell phone, or take it up a notch and use the computer or smart phone to be able see each other as well! It’s not at all chaotic, as the technology allows the pastor to control the sound so just one person is speaking, whether herself or someone else, and each person has to ability to “mute” and unmute themselves, too.
It is a joy to hear the voices, see some faces, catch up with concerns and joys, not to mention worship with the soft sounds of birds happily chirping in the background when Pastor Kathleen is able to lead from her back porch. We are able to participate by taking turns with scripture readings (only if we want to!) and share experiences of the small ways we each have or can model our Christian faith and mission even while staying safely at home. I have to admit I stumbled with the technology myself at first, but Barb and I can now participate by phone, smartphone with video and sound, or laptop computer with video and sound. We have had wonderful attendance each Sunday. Please reach out if you would like some help! I never thought being apart could feel so “together.” God, as always, has been good to us and provided the right person to guide us through our journey at this particular time!
Instructions on Connecting
Here are the different ways to join us:
- Via video chat on computers, tablets, or smart phones:
- Using the Zoom program:
- Click here to download the Zoom program. Then, on Sunday at 10 am, or a little before, click here to join the Zoom Meeting.
- Click here to download the Zoom program on your computer or smart phone. Then, on Sunday at 10 am, or a little before, open the Zoom program enter the Meeting ID: 942 617 477 and when prompted, the password: 3410.
- Using your web browser (does not require signing up for an account):
- On your web browser go to: https://us04web.zoom.us/s/942617477?pwd=STJSQlVhU0M4KzR5K3FGRmZmanRIQT09 (or click on the link)
- There will be a white box in the middle of the screen and at the bottom of that box, it will say in a smaller font “If you cannot download or run the application, start from your browser.”
- The words “start from your browser” will be blue and when you click on them you will be in the Zoom meeting.
- Click on the blue box that says “Join Audio By Computer.” Your browser may ask if you want to give Zoom permission to use your microphone, click yes.
- At the bottom of the screen, there are controls to turn your microphone on and off and to turn your video on and off.
Click on the “start video” button at the bottom left of the screen. Your browser may ask if you want to give Zoom permission to use your camera, click yes.
- You are now connected to the meeting.
- If you would like to access the chat and be able to communicate with the group via typed messages, you can get to that by clicking on “Chat” on the bottom right.
- Using the Zoom program:
- Via phone call on landline or mobile phones:
- Pull up this site on your mobile phone and click on the following text to both make the call and have it automatically enter in the meeting ID +13126266799,,942617477# . A password is not needed for this method.
- Dial 312-626-6799 and when prompted enter the meeting ID: 942 617 477. If asked for a participant id, just press #.
Please do not hesitate to contact Pastor Kathleen at PastorHenrion@gmail.com if you have trouble with any of this.